The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone. This is the Lord’s doing, and it is wonderful to see!Matthew 21:42 NLT
Building our lives upon the cornerstone, that is the person of Jesus, is the choice we make in our lives. Jesus says in Matthew 21 that there is no escaping this cornerstone he offers. It is not an idea but a reality of truth and grace. And our lives will either be built by his truth and grace or they will be crushed under the weight of them. We either choose to establish our life based on the patterns of Christ or we find ourselves tripping over them.
- We will either choose a life of sacrifice or get caught under the weight of selfishness.
- We either choose the abundant life of giving to others or trip over scarcity of always taking.
- We either choose a life based on forgiveness or live under the mounting pressure of bitterness.
- We either build upon the firm foundation of reconciliation or build upon the quicksand of divisiveness.
- We will choose to live in love or we become consumed by fear.
Monday is a great time to examine our lives and see areas we need to give over to Christ. Where are we building upon the firm foundation and where are we tripping over it?